Friday 30 August 2013

CBB Highlighted Highlights - Day Seven



Well, I missed two nights of CBB, but seeing as they were still showing clips from the last show that I watched in the 'previously' segment, I won't apologise as I'm assuming nothing of interest happened? Apart from Charlotte wetting herself, obviously.

I have higher hopes for this episode, as we will see Irish Reality Star Danielle evicted and the rest of housemates nominate for the first time; if they can't make that remotely interesting then I'm out.

Lauren declares the day ahead to be D Day, however witty Carol McGiffin corrects her; “No, it's E- Day!” I see what you did there Carol, and I for one am impressed.

Irish Reality Star Danielle isn't doing her best to ensure that what might possibly be her last day in the house runs smoothly and is quizzing Louie over his career. She repeats the phrase “what do you do for money?” so many times that even Ron rolls his eyes at her lack of tact. Clearly irritated by the question, Louie humours her and answers that his father looks after him. This is lost on Irish Reality Star Danielle though and she goes on to say how she would never take money from her parents.

Abz is in the diary room discussing who he thinks will be evicted and how it will impact the house. He calls Ron “old school”, which we all know is code for “quite racist, homophobic and sexist”.

It's task time next, if you can call it that, and the housemates are asked to bring their most treasured possessions to Lauren's Antique Road Show. Ron brings in some glasses that his wife had made for him for a TV show he was doing (?!), Danielle brings in some tweezers, Sophie offers a necklace, Louie a toothbrush, Charlotte some socks with fried eggs on them, Dustin a ring and Bruce, perhaps missing the light-hearted nature of the task, hands over a ring that his mother gave to him moments before she died.
Dustin is deemed to have the most valuable possession and apparently that's prize enough.

Now, I like Lauren, I really do, but I feel like she is given quite a lot of air time. Whilst I acknowledge that this might be because at times watching her do mundane things is quite entertaining, especially if other housemates are being extraordinarily dull, but I have a sneaking suspicion that there might be some of that pesky BB editing coming in to play here. Getting Lauren in the house was a great move by producers, but I feel that they may be hoping for their very own Nadia.

Before you know it, Irish Reality Star Danielle is out of the house and we're on to the next unpredictable twist. Ron and Vicky, having just survived an eviction, are rewarded with a 'special power'. What's the power? They get to pick a housemate to face the public vote in the next eviction! WHO'D HAVE THOUGHT?
Ron tries to nominate Lauren, giving that he'd “be interested in the public's reaction to her” as a reason. Sure you would Ron, sure you would. Vicky stamps him down though and they decide on Louie, who does that annoying thing where people pretend to be ecstatic about it.

As if that roller coaster of emotion wasn't enough, the housemates will not nominate for the first time. Louie, who's been waiting for this moment since he signed his contract, skips off the nominate first and chooses Vicky and Ron, the two housemates who have just nominated him. Not so happy about it now, are we Louie?

I won't recap who nominates who, it would get tedious, but between nominations we are shown various housemates discussing who they will or won't be voting for. Every. Freaking. Series.

The news that Courtney, Ron, Louie, Charlotte and Lauren are up for eviction is revealed and, of course, there's fake nonchalance and excitement all round. Charlotte doesn't keep up the pretence for that long though and goes into the bedroom to cry with Sophie and Mario. She says “I knew it would be because I weed meself!” and yes Charlotte, it probably didn't help.


I also note at this point that Charlotte and I use the same body moisturiser, so that's good to know.

Charlotte then goes off into the diary room to cry, giving Carol the opportunity to tell Sophie to “stop pretending that [she] gives a shit.” Sophie then protests, to which Carol replies “she's just a Geordie slag.” The housemates don't bat an eyelid at this, but I do I'm afraid, I bat both numerous times.
I don't like it when anyone, man or woman, calls a woman a slag. I actually find the word to be disgusting, not to mention irrelevant; I actually can't think of one person to which I'd apply it to. I've seen it used a lot in relation to Charlotte and I find it bewildering. On Geordie Shore we've 'seen' her have sex with one person underneath a duvet for the past 4 years. She might have had more sexual partners than that over this period, is it that which makes her a slag? Or is it he fact that she has sex whilst cameras are on?
The argument almost seems cliché now, but there is no equivalent term for a man; 'man whore' doesn't count, as, you know, it's pre-fixed with the word 'man'.
I won't get into a deep feminist debate, but I feel a little pang of disappointment and a great deal of frustration whenever I hear the term used by anyone. So yeah, if we could all stop that then that would be great.

So, to lighten the mood, what was my favourite moment? Courtney asking Lauren if she'd “ate” today, as Lauren was eating. Sorry, 'ating'.

No comments:

Post a Comment